Resolved
Privacy and Data Security
Style and Design
Usability

Update by user Jan 30, 2017

After several days of excruciating phone calls and emails -- I was able to find ONE Daz employee that comprehended basic conversational English and was able to understand what I was saying -- that my account had been cancelled over one year ago and I had not used the program since before that and they already got me once with the annual auto-renewal after cancellation, but not this time. She was able to reverse the issue and get me logged into my account (which was registered to a deleted email account) and guide me through the new interface to cancel on my end. She then refunded my money within a few hours.

Original review posted by user Oct 03, 2016

Started a "platinum membership" with this graphic art company several years ago. Paid for a two year membership upfront. Later decided to cancel and was told it was unnecessary. Several months to a year passed then I received another auto-debit on my bank account for $70. I complained but was told that there was nothing that could be done about a refund but the account had been cancelled on their end.

Now another year has passed and I just received another auto-debit for $70 overdrawing my bank account and costing me an additional $35 ($105). I called on Friday evening (9/30/16 @ 8:28pm) and spoke with customer support (support ticket #227807) who told me I would be refunded within 3 to 5 working days after explaining that I no longer have access to the account and haven't logged in a couple years. Today (10/3/16 @ 11:23am) I get a response denying said refund from Jamie Olsen saying that I agreed to their terms that the membership would auto-renew and is not eligible for refund. They then explain that I need to log into my account and cancel, but I no longer have the account information and tried my most common login/password combinations to attempt this.

I called customer service back today and gave them a piece of my mind. They reopened the complaint (issuing ticket #228076 @ 1:26pm on 10/3/16) but I'm still not being guaranteed a refund of my money. To give an idea of when I made my last download from this site, I just searched the listed email inbox and the oldest email I have is dated 4/27/15 -- there are no receipts from any purchases from this site (by performing a search via Ctrl+F) going back that far... That is how long I have been inactive. I would surmise that my last purchase was before 6/1/2014 or thereabouts. They are just harvesting money from my bank account for no reason on an account that should have already been cancelled -- and are offering me no outs by telling me they will help me but then in turn not helping me. I asked today to speak with a manager or supervisor and I was told that it was not possible and customer support has no way to transfer any calls.

This was what I once believed to be a trustworthy company and much to my chagrin I have referred many friends and former coworkers to this company and their software. I am now in horrible regret of doing such and I feel that everyone should know that you should not deal with this company. They are not even a registered BBB organization.

BEWARE!

shanefpt wrote the review because of poor customer service at DAZ 3D. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $105 and wants DAZ 3D to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was no supervisor availability, poor customer support, contradictory statements from support and charged for long inactive account. Author liked the most software and website. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by DAZ 3D and daz 3d platinum club plus annual membership for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

Why didn't you put a stop to it at your bank the first time? Seems that would have solved that issue before it became one.

You want o blame them, but take no responsibility for it yourself.

I've dealt with this company for over a decade and never had a problem with them.